[FoRK] Lion, rationality, reason, and seriousness

Lion Kimbro <lionkimbro at gmail.com> on Wed May 9 13:25:36 PDT 2007

> Let me get this straight --- you're fine w/ folks being passionate,
> as long as what they're passionate about is not rationality, because
> that would be irrational?

  No-no-no!  That's quite cool!
  Very excited about that!
  Right there with ya'!

  But I'm saying, "passion/care/concern/interest/love/desire/..."
  is what's motivating that rationality.

  The only reason rationality is of interest, is because it
  serves a passion.  Just that recognition-- that's what I think I
  was aiming for.

  We shouldn't go saying, "Well, passion is bad, because it's
  not reasonable."  When the motor behind reason is, itself,
  "passion." (Care, concern, interest, desire, ...)

> PS - you were doing great until this last bit.  Shark jump, ya know?
> Gotta watch out for that.

  OK.  {;)}=  No "moral of the story" at the conclusion.
  I'll just write that in my little book here...