[FoRK] Christians and atheists start a calmer dialogue

Stephen D. Williams <sdw at lig.net> on Thu May 10 06:17:06 PDT 2007

Circularity warning.
We've already been there.

I suggested that you can derive a very productive practical philosophy
from "fully informed rationality" and that the empty place can be filled
with a combination of plenty of explanation that we already have, the
scientific principle, and positivity about humanity (i.e. humanism).

Lion suggested dressing that up quite a bit for comfort and marketing
reasons, which to some sounded like making it feel quite a bit like
current religious subcultures.

sdw