[FoRK] Christians and atheists start a calmer dialogue

Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> on Thu May 10 07:37:59 PDT 2007

On May 10, 2007, at 9:21 AM, Sat N wrote:

> On 5/10/07, Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> wrote:
>>
>> On May 10, 2007, at 7:55 AM, Bill Stoddard wrote:
>>

>> > Telling believers that they are idiots is not going to work.
>>
>> Well, I'm not giving up on that just yet.  It's never actually been
>> tried with conviction and tenacity, as a mass social movement.  So
>> why not give it a go.  Tough love, and all that.
>>

> Its a subjective thing,a believer sees something in "God" that you
> don't.
>
> There is no harm because someone believes in religion,

Well, I guess that's the fundamental disagreement, no pun intended.
You see, I can't reconcile "crazy" with "harmless."

We need all the sanity we can get if humanity's going to make it past
the next century mark.

jb