[FoRK] Christians and atheists start a calmer dialogue

Tom Higgins <tomhiggins at gmail.com> on Thu May 10 08:15:16 PDT 2007

> Transhumanism.

After a few thousand years of change and the like I find very little
hope in the fact that becoming an everlasting Transformer is going to
make folks rethink the question of faith. I do believe that we will
see metastatic shields painted with glowing nanopaints showing the
Lionmechanoid of God defeating the Dragonbot of the unbeliver.

Longevity, plug and play organs, brain dumps and the like...yea it
would be nice to think becoming other than what we are would force a
rethink of the whole True Believers issue sadly i think it will only
be yet another venue for its further propagation/mutation (and yes i
can think of some pretty fucked up mutations that would be needed to
incorporate transhumanism into the true belivers framework). Lets meet
up for a latte in a few hundred years and see if I am wrong.

-tomhiggins