[FoRK] Christians and atheists start a calmer dialogue

Zee Roe <zero at rawbw.com> on Thu May 10 09:23:46 PDT 2007

On Thu, 10 May 2007, Sat N wrote:

> Its a subjective thing,a believer sees something in "God" that you don't.
>
> There is no harm because someone believes in religion, the harm is if
> they start excommunicating and start molesting young children.... The
> good news is all those people who do those kinds of things are either
> in Vatican or hide behind confession boxes...

I think it's become pretty clear that in the US at least the "harm" also
comes if they vote, en masse, for things derived from their religion that
rationally (loaded word alert!) and legally seem to make no sense; i.e.,
denying homosexuals the right to marry.

The list goes on.  Kansas school board? jb's recently-posted cartoon?