[FoRK] Christians and atheists start a calmer dialogue

Tom Higgins <tomhiggins at gmail.com> on Thu May 10 09:41:05 PDT 2007

> Naw, it's just about playing the game of politics, to get that
> shit funded. Instead of spending terabucks on how to best blow
> us up to smithereens, one could allocate a few measly gigabucks
> to get practical paradise engineering going. Getting rid of death
> would be nice first milestone.

You would think, yet what happened to Stem Cell research in this
country? Jesus told the president that it was not moral, the voters
listened to Jesus and voted him in again. So your funding if
contingent on Jesus saying its ok...thats Jesus...the guy they hung on
a cross 2k years ago whose followers wrote a slipper slope document to
justify damn near anything they want.

I would hope that by now we realize funding needs to come from sources
not subject to the whims of folks who follow the rules of a make
believe deity.

> Oh, if canvass and the palette is bigger, you're going to see some
> really interesting paintings.  Just try to not get stuck in a Hieronymus
> Bosch one...

You mean we are not already?

> I'd rather have a physical layer that would make recovering
> from faults like this more likely
>
>         http://www.boingboing.net/2007/05/06/iraq_kurdish_girl_st.html

"if Gob and jebus wanted you to have that you would have. Is this what
teaching "science" in schools leads people to think? We need to fund
that lees and fund more faith based avenues. God bless America."

> Assuming, we both arrange to have our heads frozen. Pretty pointless,
> with current service quality and geographic availability...

I hope that by the time I am 80, in 38 years, I can quaff a draft of
nanos to fix the insides to last another couple of decades until I can
dump the self into a new shell to last a couple of more until.......

Yea I think we are that close and frustratingly enough its the "True
Believers" who are holding it all back. Aint that great...the
followers of the Gods of Love would by action force folks to live in
pain and suffering longer than they need becuase they believe that is
what their bible tells them to do. Of course you know the answer is
more prayer...oi

What needs to happen...find a country with a low instance of faith
based legislation and brain drain all the dinkum thinkums over there
to work on solving the real problems in real ways. When the cures and
solutions come into being make sure that if those who opposed it deem
it ok to partake of it they live knowing that they caused such pain
and suffering and do not let them off the hook for that heinous course
of action.

Consequence me droggies, if you cant stand the heat of them then get
out of your holier than though kitchens:)-

-tomhiggins