[FoRK] Christians and atheists start a calmer dialogue (not here, obviously)

Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> on Thu May 10 13:50:00 PDT 2007

On May 10, 2007, at 3:16 PM, Dr. Ernie Prabhakar wrote:

>> Yea, with a track record and body count like the Christians though is
>> it really any wonder you would come up against suspicion at the least
>> and down right anger at worst to the proposal?
>>
> Sure.  What I don't get is why such people are so willing to
> identify themselves with atheists, whom last I checked have an
> equally horrific body count:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
> Persecution_of_Christians#Discrimination_and_persecution_in_the_Soviet
> _Union

I'm so sick of this particular red herring I could puke!

Talk about reasoning (lack thereof.)

Not all atheists are totalitarian dictators, Ernie.  There's a much
more statistically significant correlation between being religious
--- particularly Christian, though I can think of another religion
that beats it --- and bad behavior than between being an atheist and
bad behavior --- a few extremely powerful atheists with particularly
bad stats not withstanding.

Both Hitler and Stalin had mustaches, too.  All serial killers drank
milk as babies...  etc. etc. etc.

jb