[FoRK] Republican Anti-science (funny political cartoon)

Adam L Beberg <beberg at mithral.com> on Fri May 11 12:19:43 PDT 2007

Jeff Bone wrote on 5/10/2007 1:09 PM:
> *FRANCE* just elected a conservative.  Britain's taken a turn, too.
>
> The rest of the EU is increasingly radicalized in various ways.
>
> The entire Middle East is a religious powder keg, and some bad folks are
> getting good training in Iraq and (again in) Afghanistan.
>
> India has the Pakistan problem.  (Well, Pakistan has the Pakistan
> problem, and India's got the derivative of that.)
>
> The Pac Rim is infected with the Islam thing, too.
>
> Asia's got its own problems.  South America's got a resurgence of
> economic leftism, and rampant, entrenched crime industries.
>
> Russia's gotten scarier again in the last year or several.
>
> China just rolls on, with its weird brand of oligarchic totalitarian
> utopianism and hybrid slave-economy.

Humans are in the process of picking "teams". Whether you're peak-oil,
peak-water, global warming, peak-soil, bird-flu/drug-resistant aware, or
just not in a coma you can see bad shit is on the horizon. The planet
has about 6B too many humans to avoid turning into a Mars style rock
floating through space.

So naturally, we need some teams before we can get on with the killing.
So far we have the major religions, genetic ethnicity, and the nation
state teams. None of these are currently able to keep up with the rate
the poor are reproducing (all developed nations except the US are under
replacement rates) without destroying the planet with nukes, so we're
looking for new methods.

Neocons vs Everyone has real potential, as it's basically a neocon
suicide-bomb only with countries not people. They seem certain they can
take most of the world's down with them as they quest for the rapture.

China is the oddball in your list, who seem to be trying to solve the
problem by killing all their infant girls and polluting their own land
to kill off people. I think maybe someone mistranslated the rules of the
game to them.

--
Adam L. Beberg
http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/