[FoRK] Religion has no place in public schools the way facts have no place in organized religion.

Stephen D. Williams <sdw at lig.net> on Fri May 11 16:47:17 PDT 2007

http://www.westegg.com/simpsons/

Superintendant Chamers: "Religion has no place in public schools the way
facts have no place in organized religion."
    Episode: when Skinners is fired as principal

Bart: What religion are you?
Homer: You know, the one with all the well-meaning rules that don't work
out in real life. Uh... Christianity.
    Episode: 3F21 Homerpalooza

Reverend Lovejoy in a sermon about the Movementarians: "This so called
new religion is nothing but a pack of weird rituals and chants designed
to take away the money of fools. Let us say the Lord's prayer 40 times,
but first let's pass the collection plate."
    Episode: 5F23, about the Movementarians

Bart: Why the crap do we have to go to church anyway?
Marge: You just answered your own question with that commode mouth.
Besides, you kids need to learn morals and decency and how to love your
fellow man.
[in church]
Lovejoy: And with flaming swords, the Aromites did pierce the eyes of
their fellow men and did feast on what flowed forth. Among whom also we
all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh...
    Episode: 2F04, Bart's Girlfriend

Homer: And what if we picked the wrong religion? Every week, we're just
making God madder and madder!
    Episode: Homer the Heretic

Lisa: Why are you dedicating your life to blasphemy?
Homer: Don't worry, sweetheart. If I'm wrong, I'll recant on my deathbed.
    Episode: Homer the Heretic

Homer [talking about God]: He's my favorite fictional character...
    Episode: don't remember, do you?