Bashing Re: [FoRK] Christians and atheists

Tom Higgins <tomhiggins at gmail.com> on Fri May 11 18:09:24 PDT 2007

On 5/11/07, Dr. Ernie Prabhakar <drernie at radicalcentrism.org> wrote:
> So, help me out here. I  see three categories of atheists:
>
> a) One (like you) seeks the moral high ground, and sees atheism as
> intrinsically *more* tolerant of Christianity

No, those are not my views. I seek to live with everyone on a tight
planet and this now involves me defending against folks who want to
convert/harm/kill me because I do not belive in the same invisible
unprovable make believe diet they do. There would be no reason to
react to the pain, suffering and intolerance that the religious folks
have heaped on unbelievers for many many centurys if they were not
heaping it on like all get out.

Look to your history Doctor.

> b) Another (like Communism) sees their brand of atheism as justifying
> intense persecution of Christians (and any other believers, as well as
> other dissenters)

They are not Athiests since the subjigate thier will to a greater
power, in this case the state.

> c) A third faction (Jeff) sees religious people as *deserving*
> disrespect, and perhaps active suppression

More on this latter, I have to go take family pictures.

-tomhggins