[FoRK] Forex opportunities and kwatloos?

Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> on Fri May 11 18:09:24 PDT 2007

On May 11, 2007, at 7:56 PM, Aaron Burt wrote:

>> By the way, if I hadn't mentioned it before, I've been in the AI-
>> meets-currency-trading business for going on three years now.
>
> Had a control-theory prof who was trying to get his brighter students
> (i.e. not me) into working on automated trading.
> It was all just simpleminded digital low-pass filters hand-tuned to
> yield good returns on historical data.

Reality behind the back-testing mirage:  slippage kills.

> Someday we'll have corporate bylaws written in Perl,

I am amused by Charlie Stross's idea of Economics 2.0 (a social
operating system of sorts, "but true participation in Economics 2.0
is not possible without dehumanizing cognitive surgery".) [1]  ;-)
Standard features include sentient financial instruments and contracts.

jb

[1] http://www.asimovs.com/_issue_0409/elector.shtml