[FoRK] BLS, Barnes and Bogle: tackling Capitalizm's rough edges

Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> on Sun May 13 17:29:21 PDT 2007

Three books worth mentioning in the context of the recent discussion
of capitalism and its occasionally-dogmatic adherents;  not every
market theorist or capitalist is dogmatic or delusional about the
disagreement between theory and practice:

	Capitalism 3.0:   Guide to Reclaiming the Commons, by Peter Barnes *

	Good Capitalism, Bad Capitalism, by Baumol, Litans, and Schramm

	Battle for the Soul of Capitalism, by John C. Bogle

Enjoy,

jb

--

[1]  http://www.amazon.com/Capitalism-3-0-Reclaiming-Commons-Currents/
dp/1576753611/

* note that his solution parallels one of my favorite quips, namely
"the tragedy of the commons is that they aren't owned."  I have
various quibbles with his approach, but it's an interesting and
valuable read nonetheless...