[FoRK] Zimbabwe: Government schools deserted as 10, 000 teachers go AWOL in second term

Adam L Beberg <beberg at mithral.com> on Tue May 22 00:00:05 PDT 2007

Aaron Burt wrote on 5/21/2007 11:05 AM:
> On Sun, May 20, 2007 at 03:26:22PM -0700, Adam L Beberg wrote:
>> http://www.zimdaily.com/print.php?a=1675
>>
>> Hmmmm, with all the smart folks in Iraq and Zimbabwe (and America)
>> headed off to Galt's Gulch...
>
> These people are not "headed off to Galt's Gulch", they're fleeing
> states that are being run into the ground by insane thugs.

Enough about Bush and the red states.

> Professionals have the resources to get out, they're not tied to a
> family business or plot of land, and they can find jobs relatively
> easily.  This is simple survival, and to portray it as some Aynarchist
> revolt by the Best and Brightest is to demean it.

It demeans nothing, it _IS_ a revolt. Smart folks are bailing out,
leaving nothing but the soon to be jobless.

>> where are they going exactly?
>
> "Most of the teachers who have not reported for duty this term are said
>  to have left the country for greener pastures in South Africa, Namibia,
>  Botswana, Australia, Canada, USA and UK among other countries."

Australia has no water. The US and UK only let in the uneducated for
cheap labor, etc. So where do they go after they try those places? We're
out of places, the last time we had a place to flee the idiots was
before we wiped out everyone in N.America with smallpox.

--
Adam L. Beberg
http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/