[FoRK] Zimbabwe: Government schools deserted as 10, 000 teachers go AWOL in second term

Tom Higgins <tomhiggins at gmail.com> on Tue May 22 13:37:41 PDT 2007

On 5/22/07, Aaron Burt <aaron at bavariati.org> wrote:

> And don't get me started on us idiot Californians fleeing to Oregon,

Southern Oregon is Northern Cali, well they are both Jefferson but
that idea never did get traction. There are folks who still hold out
the hope for a conservative state broken off both cali and or...lots
of luck on that.  Now 10 years an ex New Yorker I can say there are
places more apt to make me happy for living and others to visit. As to
the Cali Creep , in Portland they have a special ghetto for such folks
called TrendyThird and now The Pearl (over priced apts and condos,
crappy parking conditions, more kitschy clutter shops than you can
shake a stick at.)

Migration trends? Always has been a thing, speed varies on modes and mentality.

-tomhiggins