[FoRK] invasion was much better than Cats lets do it again and again

Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> on Fri May 25 09:11:05 PDT 2007

On May 25, 2007, at 8:57 AM, Albert S. wrote:

> --- Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> wrote:
>> I've seen absolutely no evidence that this is real
>> "policy" rather
>> than rhetoric...
>
> Some evidence:
>
> http://www.cbot.com/cbot/docs/79564.pdf

Oh, I'm not at all disputing that there's been a significant uptick
in fuel-ethanol production and consumption.  I just don't think that
has a bit to do with George Bush or some "policy" and everything to
do with consumer sentiment / demand, growing "green-ness" (ironically
it's questionable whether ethanol fuels are better or worse on
various "green" metrics) and general public interest in oil
alternatives.  In fact, the demand for corn ethanol has increased so
much that the upward price pressure on corn is being felt in food end-
products...

jb