[FoRK] invasion was much better than Cats lets do it again and again

Albert S. <albert.scherbinsky at rogers.com> on Fri May 25 11:05:52 PDT 2007

Disclaimer: Although it may look that way, I'm not an
advocate for nor a spokesperson for the Bush
Administration. I'm Canadian, so I don't vote in the
great down yonder. Although I have my reasons for not
liking the Bush Administration all that much I'm still
trying to look at all the facts.

I do think that there are some facts to support the
idea that the Bush Administration is doing things
which aggressively actively support the domestic
ethanol industry in the USA. The first is corn
subsidies for corn farmers and second is very high
import tariffs for ethanol produced outside the USA.

Some reason why ethanol makes a whole lot of sense
are:
i)  It replaces MTBE a toxic fuel Oxygenate.
ii) It can be blended with gasoline up to 10% without
the need to modify existing automobiles.
iii) It displaces gasoline produced with Crude
imported from the enemy.(Canada is friendly fire in
this respect)

Regards,
Albert