[FoRK] invasion was much better than Cats lets do it again and again

Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> on Fri May 25 11:58:36 PDT 2007

On May 25, 2007, at 1:05 PM, Albert S. wrote:

> Disclaimer: Although it may look that way, I'm not an
> advocate for nor a spokesperson for the Bush
> Administration. I'm Canadian, so I don't vote in the
> great down yonder. Although I have my reasons for not
> liking the Bush Administration all that much I'm still
> trying to look at all the facts.
>
> I do think that there are some facts to support the
> idea that the Bush Administration is doing things
> which aggressively actively support the domestic
> ethanol industry in the USA. The first is corn
> subsidies for corn farmers and second is very high
> import tariffs for ethanol produced outside the USA.

"President Bush last week also called on Congress to lift the tariffs
now on fuel ethanol imports." - May 10, 2006

BTW, corn subsidies are viewed by Farmer Bob as a God-given right in
the US, and have been long before the current administration.

jb