Strawberry Fields Forever Re: [FoRK] invasion was much better than Cats lets do it again and again

Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> on Sat May 26 15:20:10 PDT 2007

On Sat, May 26, 2007 at 01:33:19PM -0700, Tom Higgins wrote:

> I totally agree. The cost of keeping up the rustic Americana fantasy
> where family agriculture feeds the hungry masses is long gone and long

In post-Soviet Russia, the datchas feed you.

Actually, for quite a few of the postsoviet apocalypse survivors,
ability to grow your own veggies made one heck of a difference.
Despite cheap imports, don't discount domestic ability to domestically
produce food by the megaton.

You might suddenly have to need it, one day. And owning that farm
is one heck of an insurance against that particular eventuality.

> overdue to go the way of other lost American dream states. I also
> think getting the next gens out of the cyclitic trap, though trap is
> not the best word here, might also free up some potential.
>
> How much would it cost to buy them all regions in SL?

Of course broadband could be a great source of opium for
the masses, come the revolution.