Strawberry Fields Forever Re: [FoRK] invasion was much better than Cats lets do it again and again

Tom Higgins <tomhiggins at gmail.com> on Sun May 27 11:50:56 PDT 2007

> On Sat, May 26, 2007 at 03:35:43PM -0700, Tom Higgins wrote:
>
> > What do you mean "come the revolution". Myspace, youtube, games,
> > chat....diversion of focus as an opiate is well along here.
>
> Assuming there's a Great Depression, people may want to keep
> their broadband even though they hardly would be able to afford it,
> given that it gives them a portal to escape an ugly, grimy reality.

On the up side given that situation we could well see the rise of the
WWWPA or maybe other projects to get folks retrained into using the
new tools. Often it takes a crunch to shake folks out of set ways. Or
not. The spiral of consumeristic sheeplness is just so damn evident in
the trends it is hard to predict an emergence of the lumpen.

On a slightly off topic mention, I am finally  reading Vinge's
Rainbow's End. Nice work so far, I like where he is going with it.

-tomhiggins