[FoRK] Is Balkanization really a problem?

Tom Higgins <tomhiggins at gmail.com> on Sun May 27 12:02:46 PDT 2007

I see what we have today less as a fractionalization of ideas but
rather a homogeneous media biased group think molded by a few and
accepted by the lumpen. Of course to make the lumpen accept this they
need to seem to have that old sports fan mentality, so the
compartmentalization  is set up as teams (left wing right wing rep dem
conserv liberal neocon  hippie mods rockers) the lumpen can associate
with, clash amongst and cry havoc for and against. The sense of
importance the fan derives from this passive aggression is a powerful
thing (revenues of sports, american idol votes, hot or not, etc etc)
and in the end it keeps them busy with sound and fury enough so they
signify nothing, leaving the molders to set the agenda.

and so it goes.

-tomhiggins