[FoRK] Is Political Fragmentation really a problem?

Albert S. <albert.scherbinsky at rogers.com> on Mon May 28 18:30:35 PDT 2007

On May 28, 2007, at 2:22 PM, J. Andrew Rogers wrote:
> > This is not a new problem.
>
> The problem I'm discussing *is a new problem.*  You
> can't dismiss
> that novel problem by simply and inaccurately
> equating it with an old
> problem (whose existence, btw, I agree with you on.)
>  Failing to
> recognize the novelty of the situation is perhaps
> one of the most
> dangerous mistakes we can make, IMHO.  Let's not
> whistle past the
> graveyard...

Looks like I'm not the only one who doesn't know what
you are talking about. Maybe you should try and
explain what you are talking about without making us
guess how far to extend your metaphors(balkanization).

When words based on a metaphor enter the lexicon they
lose their original meaning.

Albert