[FoRK] Is Political Fragmentation really a problem?

Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> on Mon May 28 19:32:41 PDT 2007

On May 28, 2007, at 8:30 PM, Albert S. wrote:

> Looks like I'm not the only one who doesn't know what
> you are talking about.

I doubt seriously that James has any misunderstanding at this point,
but I could be wrong about that.  (He's usually not as obtuse as
you're insisting on being with this, except occasionally for sport
--- which I appreciate.)

> Maybe you should try and
> explain what you are talking about without making us
> guess how far to extend your metaphors(balkanization).

For the life of me I can't figure out why anyone would think
"balkanization" means anything other than *exactly that.*  Or how
using a word very precisely and literally is somehow "metaphorical."

Really, we've pushed the Cone-of-Silence bit about as far as
amusement will allow, so at this point if you're actually still lost,
well, sorry about that.

jb