[FoRK] Another quip from Gore's book

J. Andrew Rogers <andrew at ceruleansystems.com> on Mon May 28 23:46:33 PDT 2007

On May 28, 2007, at 6:40 PM, Stephen D. Williams wrote:
> So, it seems apparent that it will be Barack or Clinton at the top
> of the D. ticket with Barack or Clinton or Gore as vice.  And the
> odd politico out given an offer at chief of staff or something.  If
> it were me, I'd take all of the bright guys running (Edwards et al)
> and give them top jobs, setting up a farm team for one or two terms
> out.
>
> Vs. Giuliani w/ McCain as vice.

If winning matters, Richardson would be a better on the D ticket than
either Clinton or Barack.  Take your pick who to dump, I don't like
either.  Richardson is okay by me, Edwards is a transparent used car
salesman and has that idiotic stump speech.

McCain is incredibly marginalized, and in my opinion rightly so.  He
is a blowhard who tacks in the wrong direction with an uncanny
consistency, and then says stupid things just so that you know he
tacked in the wrong direction on purpose.  He'll never make a ticket
because most people don't like him, and particularly in his own
party.  He has a long enough history of doing stupid things that I
would never support McCain.  Being a "maverick" for the sake of being
one gains no points if one does it poorly.

In terms of the R ticket, the current killer would probably be
Giuliani and Fred Thompson.  If either Clinton or Barack is
headlining, these two would slaughter them.  If you had some mix of
Edwards and Richardson, it might be an interesting contest.

Cheers,

J. Andrew Rogers