[FoRK] Is Balkanization really a problem?

Tom Higgins <tomhiggins at gmail.com> on Tue May 29 08:51:38 PDT 2007

It can rightly be said we have had a definite increase in the amount
of information we as well dressed apes  get in our daily consumption
of living. The quality vs quantity issues I think is the relevant rock
to look under which  leads down the same hole as the national obesity
figures..being such that we get many many more calories than we have
in the past but those being mainly drenched in high fructose corn
syrup . Our informational diet is also filled to the brim with filler
that makes us look better fed thinkers but in reality makes us
unhealthy grotesque lumps of atrophied citizenry.

We have become better, as in doing more of, consumers both of food and
information. Does this make us better beings, citizens and thinkers?

-tomhiggins