[FoRK] Is Balkanization really a problem?

Kevin Elliott <K-Elliott at wiu.edu> on Tue May 29 13:22:35 PDT 2007

At 9:41 -0700  on  5/29/07, Lion Kimbro wrote:
>  I'm trying to reconcile how Pirates of the Caribbean is the most
>  popular movie, while our politics run directly opposite.

?

I'll take a stab- people like movies with lots of funny lines and
sword swinging fun.  They don't care and probably didn't even notice.
But that's just a guess...

"Yo Ho Ho... A pirates life for me!!"

Out of curiosity- what is the politics of Pirates of the Caribbean?