[FoRK] Brownback defines science

Lion Kimbro <lionkimbro at gmail.com> on Fri Jun 1 13:57:46 PDT 2007

  Hm, ... OK.

  I once heard a guy say, "When you're arguing with someone,
  you should look for what is *valid* in what they've said, rather
  than pick at what is obviously invalid.

    "...reflects an image and likeness unique in the created order."

  Fair enough.

  I've heard Atheists say that we're nothing but monkeys, referring
  to people as merely advanced apes.

    "...should be firmly rejected as an atheistic theology posing as science."

  Makes sense to me.

  We all know atheists don't have a religion, but we do know that there
  are some persistent trends in their thinking and sayings.

  This "We're just monkeys" story, usually accompanied by images
  of shit-slinging and so on, are part of that story.

  The truth to it is that we have evolved from some humanoid things
  that have some scientific name that I don't know.  The falsehood to it
  is that it implies that humanity isn't something amazing.

  Humanity *is* amazing.  And people want leaders who recognize that.
  When we have an atheist who can say that, rather than just merely
  believe it or confess to it after interrogation, then we have a chance
  at an atheist leader.  But not before.

  -- Lion {;)}=