[FoRK] Brownback defines science

Lion Kimbro <lionkimbro at gmail.com> on Fri Jun 1 15:24:21 PDT 2007

On 6/1/07, Tom Higgins <tomhiggins at gmail.com> wrote:
> " Humanity *is* amazing.  And people want leaders who recognize that.
>  When we have an atheist who can say that, rather than just merely
>  believe it or confess to it after interrogation, then we have a chance
>  at an atheist leader.  But not before."
>
> So sad that you are tied to authoritarian figureheads for your self
> worth. Others are not.

  Nope, nope, nope, won't have any of it.

  The simple fact is that there are leaders and followers in just about
  every aspect of the world.
  Can't be any other way, really.

  Has nothing to do with "sense of self worth," has nothing to do with
  religion either;
  People just don't have time to figure out everything for themselves,
  and so they default to others whom they trust.
  It's just simple economics.

  Unless you seek to try and change this fact of the world, (and good
  luck to you,) you're going to have to deal with it.

  So, make atheist leaders, and make them better than Richard
  Dawkins.  Recognize the specialness and uniqueness of humans
  and humanity, and don't go telling people they're chimps.
  Because ***they're not.***