[FoRK] Brownback defines science

Andy Armstrong <andy at hexten.net> on Fri Jun 1 16:14:23 PDT 2007

On 1 Jun 2007, at 23:57, Lion Kimbro wrote:
>  "Atheists" don't need leaders;  ***People*** do.
>
>  And while you guys whine and cry and complain every time some
>  religious person becomes a leader, and go, "Oh, why, oh why,
>  poor us, poor neglected us," and make up absurd theories to explain
>  the situation, ...
>
>  Well, don't cry to me.
>
>  Cry to fork or something.
>
>  But if you want serious answers, you need to seriously think
>  about this stuff.

Yes dad.

>  You want a leader who's an atheist?  You MUST think about this stuff.

I imagine a leader who recognised the need not to confuse their faith
with their job would be a good start. Yeah, there's always the
concern that god's going to punch through the membrane and they'll go
all crazy - you get that with crypto god-botherers - but I assume
it's preferable to being governed by someone who believes they're
god's lieutenant in monkeyworld.

>  If you don't care for people, then you can ignore all this.

Does anyone have an adaptor for the logic Lion's using? I can't plug
it in here.

>  Part of the message people are hearing, incidentally,
>  is that atheists don't care about them.

They're hearing this from impartial sources are they?

>  And looking at how you all behave, and respond,
>  I have to say-- They're right.

I'll pass that on to Athiest High Command.

--
Andy Armstrong, hexten.net