[FoRK] Ross Douthat on Secularism (vs. Atheism)

Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> on Fri Jun 1 18:43:11 PDT 2007

On Jun 1, 2007, at 10:51 AM, Dr. Ernie Prabhakar wrote:

> I hesitate to bring this up, but I do think this is a worthy
> distinction. I wonder how many FoRKers are really more concerned
> about encouraging secularism than atheism per se...

Secularism's great.  I'm all for it.

Unfortunately the Invisible Super Friends Club doesn't particularly
like it, so I'm not encouraged about the possibility of a worldwide
commitment to secularism without a long-overdue honest conversation
about religion itself.

jb