[FoRK] Brownback defines science

Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> on Fri Jun 1 18:46:35 PDT 2007

On Jun 1, 2007, at 3:57 PM, Lion Kimbro wrote:

>  Hm, ... OK.
>
>  I once heard a guy say, "When you're arguing with someone,
>  you should look for what is *valid* in what they've said, rather
>  than pick at what is obviously invalid.

What a crock.

>  Humanity *is* amazing.  And people want leaders who recognize that.
>  When we have an atheist who can say that, rather than just merely
>  believe it or confess to it after interrogation, then we have a
> chance
>  at an atheist leader.  But not before.

Clearly you aren't listening.  But that's not surprising.

In almost EVERY SINGLE FREAKIN' INTERVIEW, article, etc., Dawkins ---
for example --- goes to great lengths to point out how absolutely
amazing and wonderful humanity is, and how religion in fact
*cheapens* that whole recognition.

jb