[FoRK] Brownback defines science

Tom Higgins <tomhiggins at gmail.com> on Fri Jun 1 19:55:20 PDT 2007

On 6/1/07, Lion Kimbro <lionkimbro at gmail.com> wrote:
>   I think that saying, "We're just as uniquely as amazing as all the
>   other plants and animals" requires a stretch of reason, and I don't
>   think it's a very strong point.

A great example of the humancentric attitude that shits on the rest of
the planet, the universe even due to being so little minded as to
think your particular set of self is the Uniquely Amazing item of all.

Its the same attitude that claims one tribe is the CHOSEN over all
others, one set of people superior to another, one this better than
any other that ...which leads to justification to all sort of very
nasty behaviors ...look in the news for a good example.

This need you have to be RIGHT, righteously, is a nasty fault.

Have we become that shallow here, in this place? We are part of a
system of IDIC (go look it up if yo have to) that is amazing in all
its parts.

Basho and his stick are sorely missing.

-tomhiggins