[FoRK] Brownback defines science

Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> on Sat Jun 2 08:25:03 PDT 2007

On Jun 2, 2007, at 8:46 AM, Bill Stoddard wrote:

>>  I do think, though, that regardless, atheists as a group could
>> stand to give
>>  some critical attention to their messaging.

I agree.

That's why I recommend adopting what I call the "right stance" ---
indignation, contempt, scorn, condescension, intolerance, vitriol,
demagoguery, etc. towards the religious.  Throw it right back at
'em.  Their delicate little feelings and their nutty little delusions
have historically escaped that sort of thing entirely.  It's not a
sell job, it's a shame job.  Look --- it's worked so well for the
right wing around here (i.e., the US) of late.

YMMV, but for my part, I think that approach is long overdue.

jb