[FoRK] Brownback defines science

Aaron Burt <aaron at bavariati.org> on Sat Jun 2 22:00:33 PDT 2007

On Sat, Jun 02, 2007 at 11:05:51AM -0500, Jeff Bone wrote:
[Xtians don't act Christian?]
> But, you say, shouldn't the admonishment to treat others as you would
> be treated mean that we should all tolerate and respect each other?

Yes.  However, have been brainwashed into thinking they are persecuted.
That justifies all sorts of nasty behavior, since they are just
"defending" themselves and clawing back what they think they've lost.

Militant Islam has been running on this meme for a long time.  All that
terrorism and guerilla warfare?  It's *purely defensive*.  If those damn
infidels would stop persecuting us, everything would be *just fine*.

Today at the Home Despot, I saw two different disturbing t-shirts: One
that said something along the lines of "Member of the fellowship of
unashamed Christians" (look at me!  I'm out-and-proud despite all you
terrible anti-Christians!) and another that simply said, "Saved" (Um,
isn't that up to God?  Or are you just getting in a pre-Rapture
'neener'?  Maybe declaring sides before the shooting starts?)

Great thing about a persecution complex: It feeds off itself right up to
the Waco/Koolaid stage.  Unfortunately, the rest of us are stuck in the
compound with them, this time.

But I think I'm just restating your point,
  Aaron