[FoRK] Brownback defines science

Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> on Sun Jun 3 08:27:42 PDT 2007

On Jun 3, 2007, at 3:52 AM, Lion Kimbro wrote:

>  Yes;  I've followed your arguments.  You've argued them well.
>  I respect your arguments, but we disagree on initial measurements,

Really?  Which measurements would those be?

>  I'm OK with leaving it there.

Note that the above is rhetorical and intended merely to underscore
how full of crap you are;  the salient point being that the risk
argument isn't a matter of "initial measurements" --- it's a matter
of the probability of the risk (which can be arbitrarily low if the
cost is high enough) and the cost of not preventing it (in which case
you'd have to argue with Bostrom, not me.)

jb