[FoRK] Brownback defines science

Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> on Sun Jun 3 15:55:19 PDT 2007

On Jun 3, 2007, at 2:40 PM, Lion Kimbro wrote:

> On 6/3/07, Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> wrote:
>> On Jun 3, 2007, at 3:52 AM, Lion Kimbro wrote:
>> >  Yes;  I've followed your arguments.  You've argued them well.
>> >  I respect your arguments, but we disagree on initial measurements,
>>
>> Really?  Which measurements would those be?
>
>  <sigh>
>
>  Ok, YOU said:
>
>   Let's crop that, zoom in, ...
>
>    "Bottom line:  by my measure, ..."
>
>  THOSE measurements, Jeff.  THOSE measurements.

In what Bizarro-world do *conclusions* count as "initial measurements?"

Oh, yeah, never mind, I know the answer to that one:  in Lion World.

:slaps forehead, should've known...

>  You think the risk is high, I think it's low.

Proving yet again that you either DO NOT READ other people's posts or
that you are INCAPABLE of understanding them.  In this case, as I've
said, I think the probability is *low.*  Here, let me help you out, a
few messages back I said, quote:

"...probability of the catastrophic outcome (low)"

Clearly if you're incapable of even READING WHAT'S WRITTEN then the
whole probability / math / cost-adjusted consequences / expected
returns thing is going to be well beyond you.

Say it with me:  "would you like cheese with that?"

jb