[FoRK] Should Exist: a new UNIX shell

Stephen D. Williams <sdw at lig.net> on Sun Jun 3 23:14:01 PDT 2007

I have had a dream of not just a better shell, but a better data flow / tool
environment.  This includes things like exchanging data as XML and RDF, more
rich tool interface, but still totally decoupled, event scripting, including
publish / subscribe scripting, etc.

I coined Knowledge Oriented Architecture (KOA) for something that incorporates
some of these ideas.  I'll elaborate when I'm thinking about it again.  This
week I'm programming a Cisco 6509, setting up Linux services,
SecurID/Kerberos/SSH, and supporting supercomputer users.  I'm trying to get
back to OpenEXI and esXML development.

Is anyone else interested in an Efficient RDF Interchagne (ERI)?  I'm defining
one and could use some critical review.

sdw