[FoRK] Should Exist: a new UNIX shell

Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> on Mon Jun 4 00:24:12 PDT 2007

On Mon, Jun 04, 2007 at 02:14:01AM -0400, Stephen D. Williams wrote:
> I have had a dream of not just a better shell, but a better data flow / tool

I never understood why shells always have to be so brain-damaged.
My ideal of a shell has always been Forth or Lisp, in ROM, and with
the OS written in it (this was back in the day when dedicated hardware
still packed a punch, nowadays you can just flash this as a BIOS).
There is absolutely no reason to separate scripting and 'real' languages.