[FoRK] Re: [silk] The Demise Of The Dollar

Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> on Tue Jun 5 06:10:51 PDT 2007

On Tue, Jun 05, 2007 at 12:51:34PM +0000, Russell Turpin wrote:
> Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org>:
> >How are virtual strippers different from real strippers?
>
> Besides their appearance, sound, scent, and touch, I imagine

I thought strippers, whether real, or virtual, were all about
look-but-not-touch. As such they have no relevant differences,
as far as I'm concerned...

> not much. And yes, I realize this is all a function of technology.
> At some point the future, a virtual trip to the shore might
> include virtual sand in one's shoes, and virtual salt spray and
> dolphin snotr on one's face, and gulls and terns and widgeons, all
> indistinguishable from the real things.
>
> With current technology, one gets moving cartoons.

Actually, the SL stuff is disappointing even given the state
of the art (crytek2 engine).