[FoRK] Should Exist: a new MULTICS

Lion Kimbro <lionkimbro at gmail.com> on Tue Jun 5 12:06:09 PDT 2007

  I lived in West's east-side fishbowl for all of one semester.
  I liked the place, but it was severely hurting my GPA.
  That, and I wasn't exactly the West "type."  (Surprise, surprise?)

  Lovely West memory:
  The guy across the hall from me liked to put his enormous
  speakers outside his door, out in the hall, then shut his doors
  air-tight, then turn the volume to the max while he played his
  pornos.  You could hear it throughout courtyard, and even the
  quad.

  Ah...  Those were the days.  ;D
  I've never had more fun than I had at Mudd.

  After my first semester in West, I went over to East, and
  lived happily there, for the rest of my days.

  My goal, since then, has basically been the recreation of
  the Mudd environment, out in the world.

    http://www.communitywiki.org/odd/House/HomePage
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/jmartenstein/tags/sccpfg

  The work world is utterly depressing, compared to the
  liveliness of Mudd.

  The Internet gives *something* of that feeling of "intelligence
  everywhere," but without seamless live interaction, it just
  doesn't make it...

  -- Lion