[FoRK] Just wrong

Tom Higgins <tomhiggins at gmail.com> on Wed Jun 6 09:48:57 PDT 2007

> In case you don't read programming.reddit.com:
>
>         http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/06/05/microsoft_mvp_threats/
>
> There's just *nothing* about this that's right, seriously.

It amazes me, though does not surprise me, that folks will still sink
hours and hours of dev time into MS based products, heck any non open
product, when it is not only (probably) forbidden by the shrink wrap
eula (even when there is no shrink wrap) you get bit in the ass for
the kind deeds.

At my last job we had a paid suit come in to "rearrange" the software
dept. His big idea was to tell us to convert everything over to
.net...yea so like after a few lunches with the key players some how
we had a vocal antiMS opposition such that to this very day much of
the software is not .net based.

Refuse Resist , yes I know its not always the most polticaly correct
thing to do in certian environs...but where you can F the MS man.

-tomhiggins