[FoRK] Re: [silk] The Demise Of The Dollar

Aaron Burt <aaron at bavariati.org> on Wed Jun 6 10:51:35 PDT 2007

On Tue, Jun 05, 2007 at 09:16:56AM -0500, Jeff Bone wrote:
> On Jun 4, 2007, at 10:52 PM, Bill Humphries wrote:

> >And remember there are real people behind those avatars. No
> >guarantee on the actual gender of that virtual vixen, you know.
>
> Yes, but someday the bots will be good enough... ;-)

I once heard of a fellow who trained an Eliza bot to "talk dirty", then
sold it for pornographic SMS-chat services.  Made some bucks.

Also heard about a 1-900 phonesex service that came up with the idea
of letting customers listen to prerecorded dirty stories while they
waited for a... erm... customer service agent.  They found that folks
would call, listen to the stories, then hang up without talking to a
live person.

Heck, from the days of cave-paintings, pornography has been nothing more
than various artifacts for stimulating fantasies*.  New technologies mean
new artifacts, but it's all the same old thing.

Sorry if the conversation is getting too weird,
  Aaron

*Ritual artifacts are, of course, totally different.