[FoRK] Appeals Court Says Feds Need Warrants to Search E-Mail

Tom Higgins <tomhiggins at gmail.com> on Fri Jun 22 11:03:04 PDT 2007

> Of course, the US is getting exactly such a legislation, too.
> If you're smart, consider fighting it proactively.

By fight do you mean getting as big a lobby forces as the Guardians of
Security and take them on point for point or do you mean by subverting
the existing system until such time as one can be made that will not
be beholden to those forces..if such a thing could ever happen.

After all these decades of legal motion into the realm of what the net
has to offer I am thinking the DIY option might just be the one that
will bear the most fruit. Sure those who are squemish about being all
persnickitish legal will balk at it and spend good chucks of their
lives trying hard to stem the tide...sadly I think the tide is a tidal
wave and being swept under after spending a life time of effort to go
"legit" is not something I am down for.

I reckon it may not be the "lawful" thing to ponder on but damn if it
dont feel like the "right" thing.

-tomhiggins