[FoRK] The end of shopping around

Stephen D. Williams <sdw at lig.net> on Fri Jun 29 18:23:37 PDT 2007

Owen Byrne wrote:
> I'm guessing that works about as well as Canadians buying from US
> online sellers. Once you're finished with customs brokers, duties,
> taxes, the price is a joke.
> Oh, and that NAFTA thing? Only for stuff 100% manufactured in the US,
> Mexico or Canada. Which basically means nothing.
Most computer and finished electronics have no duties, taxes, etc.
I checked this out in detail before importing from Taiwan.
Somewhere I have links that give the tables that indicate detailed
product categories and what is due.

BTW, if you are doing small-time stuff, DHL seems to be invaluable in
dealing with customs, etc.

sdw