[FoRK] my next mobile

Luis Villa <luis at tieguy.org> on Mon Jul 9 06:50:30 PDT 2007

> It seems OpenMoko is no longer vaporware. And the price
> is *good*, considered the features.
>
> I think I'll wait until October, though:
>
> GTA02 (AKA: The Mass Market Neo 1973) is on schedule to go on sale in
> October. It will have the following new hardware components:
>
>  * 802.11 b/g WiFi
>  * Samsung 2442 SoC
>  * SMedia 3362 Graphics Accelerator
>  * 2 3D Accelerometers
>  * 256MB Flash
>
> Wonder about the battery lifetime, though.

As much as I would love to have a Linux/gtk-based phone, even many of
the folks working on this are calling it 'openmockup.' Believe it only
when you see it :/

And my observation on finally playing with an iPhone: using OS/X makes
me (as a Linux user) feel a few years behind, but not badly. Using
iPhone makes me feel like my current phone is a tin can with a string
attached.

Luis