Book recommendation Re: [FoRK] Re: anybody remember...

Lion Kimbro <lionkimbro at gmail.com> on Mon Jul 9 10:41:23 PDT 2007

> On Jul 9, 2007, at 10:56 AM, Lion Kimbro wrote:
>
> > On 7/8/07, Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> wrote:
> >> Have to agree with the real philosophers.  This reflects an
> >> inconsistent position.
> >
> >  No it is not inconsistent, and I have real philosopher cred
> >  backing my position:
> >
> >    David Chalmers.
>
> I can't possibly imagine how you've come to believe that David
> Chalmers in any way validates your (apparent) position that there's
> something ineffable about consciousness.  Indeed, Chalmers ultimately
> comes down on the side of the strong computationalists.

  Oh;  No, it's not "David Chalmers," rather, it's a collection of arguments
  and observations that does it.  I later discovered a guy named "David
  Chalmers" was making the same arguments I was, but doing it in
  a much more rigorous way.

  I was simply attaching "real philosopher cred."  David Chalmers has it.

  I mean, personally, I'm the sort that prefers to go with specific arguments
  and observations, rather than appeal to authority.  But, I figured, as long
  as you wanted to check badges and so on, I'd be happy to comply!  :)