[FoRK] Google Buys Postini: $625M

Aaron Burt <aaron at bavariati.org> on Mon Jul 9 16:42:23 PDT 2007

On Mon, Jul 09, 2007 at 11:12:55AM -0700, Ian Andrew Bell wrote:
> It's about the archiving, not the anti-spam.
> http://www.ianbell.com/2007/07/09/google-buys-postini/

Huh.  SOx compliance makes things interesting, dunnit?  Guess I better
start marketing a transparent drop-in SOx collector for email, IM and
web-chat traffic.  Charge by the GB-month and watch the dollars roll in.
(Maybe charge extra for discovery?)

I've seen folks charge like $20k for simple transparent proxies.
"Buy it, drop it in and go" must have a rather high dollar value.

I guess high-tech success must be 20% hacking and 80% shouting about it,
  Aaron