[FoRK] Why is there any experience of it, at all? (was: GEB, etc.)

Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> on Mon Jul 9 17:40:50 PDT 2007

On Jul 9, 2007, at 7:49 PM, Lion Kimbro wrote:

>  Thanks, Russel.
>
>  When I'm saying "subjective," (versus "objective,")
>  I am making a distinction between subjective experience,
>  vs. unexperienced information (if there is any,) rather than
>  "something happening within my skull, that you can't see,
>  because you don't have x-ray vision that can look at
>  neurons," vs. "something happening outside of my skull,
>  that we can all look at, and agree on."

IFF you make that distinction in a serious and rigorous way, which
you appear to do, AND you buy MWI, then necessarily you believe in
the necessity of quantum subjective immortality, right?

jb