Book recommendation Re: [FoRK] Re: anybody remember...

Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> on Tue Jul 10 07:00:29 PDT 2007

On Jul 10, 2007, at 3:38 AM, Eugen Leitl wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 09, 2007 at 08:45:02PM -0400, Jeff Bone wrote:
>
>>> Jeff, what is this Everything list to which you have referred?
>>
>> The most important mailing list ever, no offense to present company!
>
> Most important, only if you're religious.

I hardly think the actual topic at hand is "religion" in any
meaningful sense, as there's very little if any argument-from-
authority or arguments that require faith.  Rather, it's all "if A,
then B."  That's not religion, that's reason.

...though I don't deny that there's a rather unsettling aspect to
some of the cosmological escatology discussed, as well as the
discussions of e.g. the necessity (given certain assumptions) of non-
terminating subjective experience.

jb