Book recommendation Re: [FoRK] Re: anybody remember...

Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> on Tue Jul 10 20:23:11 PDT 2007

On Jul 10, 2007, at 1:42 PM, Lion Kimbro wrote:

>  Okay -- Jeff Bone, we have to back up:
>
>  What is your definition of computationalism?

Having read through your countless other arguments today with e.g.
Elias and Russell, both of whom have made their points very cogently,
I decline to play this game any more.  It's been a long day, and
frankly I can't decide anymore if I think you're confused or just
playing a wicked game.

I'd much rather debate Eugen on whether the Everything list
constitutes a cult;  I'll take the devil's advocate side of that
argument and say, despite many red flags, "no" --- while admitting
the occasional misgiving myself.  (Though for the most part I got
over those and similar misgivings when I had to twist my brain around
to appreciate Tipler a few years back...)

;-)

jb