Book recommendation Re: [FoRK] Re: anybody remember...

Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> on Tue Jul 10 23:58:30 PDT 2007

On Tue, Jul 10, 2007 at 11:23:11PM -0400, Jeff Bone wrote:

> I'd much rather debate Eugen on whether the Everything list
> constitutes a cult;  I'll take the devil's advocate side of that

Religion only tongue in cheek, of course. But that area of inquiry is
completely sterile, as long as it doesn't result in a falsifyable
hypothesis.

In comparison, cryobiology and (computational) neuroscience
are established, boring kind of sciences. But they result in
technology that can eventually deliver personal immortality,
and more.